Parents are expected to follow St. Anthony Parish policy with regard to sacramental preparation and celebration with their children. This policy will be explained more fully at the parent/child sessions held in conjunction with each sacrament.
The following are general guidelines:
- Registration in the parish is required.
- Children not baptized at St. Anthony must submit a baptismal certificate.
- Children who are to celebrate a sacrament should have an age appropriate appreciation and understanding of the sacrament.
- Families have a responsibility to regularly attend Mass with their children.
- Parents of students in Grade 3 and above who have not received the Sacraments of Reconciliation and/or Eucharist should contact the Director for support in preparing their children for these sacraments.
- First Reconciliation takes place during the Lenten season.
- First Communion is traditionally the last Saturday of April.